Quote of the day
Friday, March 17, 2017. Daily Positive Quotes
If you want a happy ending… that depends on where you stop your story.
Orson Welles (May 6, 1915 – October 10, 1985) was a Broadway and Hollywood actor, radio actor, and film director.
Orson Welles was gifted in many arts (magic, piano, painting) as a child.
The prodigy son of an inventor and a musician, Welles was well-versed in literature at an early age and, through the unusual circumstances of his life (both of his parents died by the time he was 14), he found himself free to indulge his numerous interests.
An intelligent individual with many interests, Welles during World War II had put in a stint as a columnist at the liberal New York Post and later gave some thought to a political career.
A superb storyteller, Welles was much in demand as a guest on television talk shows.
After his 1941 Hollywood debut as the complete auteur with RKO’s Citizen Kane, Welles was immediately in-demand for other studios and filmmakers as an actor-for-hire. A marquee name for decades, Welles often agreed to work strictly as a performer in order to secure funding for his own independent projects.
The Orson Welles drama Citizen Kane continues to be hailed by critics as the greatest movie ever made
and gets a special screening Sunday at Los Angeles’ American Film Institute Festival.
Orson Welles Daily Positive Quotes
- “If there hadn’t been women we’d still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys.”
- “I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can’t stop eating peanuts.”
- “Popularity should be no scale for the election of politicians. If it would depend on popularity, Donald Duck and The Muppets would take seats in senate.”
- “I don’t pray really, because I don’t want to bore God.”
- “I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don’t think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.”
Daily Positive Quotes