Quote of the day
Wednesday, November 8, 2017. Rumi Quotes
Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
Jelaluddin Rumi was truly one of the most passionate and profound poets in history.
Rumi was born in the early thirteenth century, in what is now Afghanistan. His father was a preacher and religious scholar, and he introduced Rumi to Sufism.
Rumi wrote over 65,000 verses of intoxicated poetry on the Sufi path of love and spiritual understanding.
His ecstatic and wondrous spiritual writings left a lasting impression on Sufism, the mystical practice of Islam.
He’s a poet of joy and of love.
Rumi’s popularity has gone beyond national and ethnic borders. He is considered to be one of the classical poets.
Numerous poems written by the great poet have been translated to different languages.
Rumi departed from the world on 17th December 1273 AD, in Konya (Turkey).
His inspiring words remind us how poetry can be a sustaining part of everyday life.
Rumi is a very mysterious and provocative poet and figure for our time.
Best Rumi Quotes That Will Inspire Your Heart
- “Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.”
- “Travel brings power and love back into your life.”
- “Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.”
- “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
- “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
- “Love is the bridge between you and everything.”
- “Respond to every call that excites your spirit.”
- “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.”
- “Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.”
- “The rose’s rarest essence lives in the thorns.”
- “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames”
- “All people on the planet are children, except for a very few. No one is grown up except those free of desire.”
- “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.”
- “Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.”
- “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.”
- “The garden of the world has no limits, except in your mind.”
- “We may know who we are or we may not. We may be Muslims, Jews or Christians but until our hearts become the mould for every heart we will see only our differences.”