Quote of the day
Wednesday, December 14, 2016. Positive message day
Some people feel the rain, others just get wet
Robert Nesta “Bob” Marley, (6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981), one of the 20th century’s most charismatic and challenging performers.
Born on February 6, 1945, in St. Ann Parish, Jamaica, Bob Marley helped introduce reggae music to the world and remains one of the genre’s most beloved artists to this day.
Arriving in Kingston in the late 1950s, Marley lived in Trench Town, one of the city’s poorest neighborhoods. He struggled in poverty, but he found inspiration in the music around him.
His songs of faith, devotion, and revolution created a legacy that continues to live on not only through the music of his extended family but also through generations of artists the world over touched by his genius. Marley was a Pan-Africanist, and believed in the unity of African people worldwide.
Few others changed the musical and cultural landscape as profoundly as he. In December 1999, his 1977 album “Exodus” was named Album of the Century by Time Magazine and his song “One Love” was designated Song of the Millennium by the BBC.
Bob Marley ranks among both the most popular and the most misunderstood figures in modern culture.
Positive Message Day
12 Encouraging Bob Marley Quotes
- “Tell the children the truth.”
- “It is better to live on the house top than to live in a house full of confusion.”
- “Truth is the light. So you never give up the fight.”
- “Your life is worth much more than gold.”
- “And what has been hidden from the wise and the prudent been revealed in the mouth of the toddlers.”
- “In the abundance of water a fool is thirsty.”
- “When one door is closed, many more is open.”
- “A hungry mob is an angry mob.”
- “If you get down and you quarrel everyday, you’re saying praises to the devil, I say.”
- “None but ourselves can free our minds.”
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.”
- “Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.”
Find out more positive message for the day.